Thursday 7 March 2013

Whoops

Well I didn't fall off the face of the planet but I do appear to have been rather lax in my blogging again. February went by in a blur and there was very little sewing going on. During that time our gorgeous Jess turned 16! I seriously can't believe how quickly life seems to be flying by. When I finally managed to venture into my sewing room the passage of time was demonstrated to me by the number of unopened white packages from the USA. The Fat Quarter Shop BOM that started in June last year has been dropping through my letterbox as regular as clockwork. How hard could it be to make one block a month? Well, in my initial excitement I got 2 blocks done on time...
June 2012 FQS BOM
July 2012 FQS BOM
and since then...not so much...Here are the packages from August up to February.
FQS BOM pile of shame
I've managed to make up 2 blocks from the pile of shame.
August FQS BOM
September 2012 FQS BOM
 I've still a way to go to catch up but I don't feel quite so bad about myself now that I've got 4 blocks made ;) Thankfully I haven't fallen behind in my HipBee commitments! This rather lovely flying geese block is for February's Queen bee, Di. Obviously I mean the fabric and the pattern are lovely and not my execution of it ;) Di trusted us with her precious stash of Ruby by Bonnie and Camille. It's going to be one pretty quilt!
Today I sneaked back into the sewing room to start a secret project which I should be able to show you next week. I think it's safe to say it'll be fab...Oakshotts + Shelburne Falls + Pillow Pop = win!!
Catch you soon x

11 comments:

  1. Hello Stranger! Nice that you're back - sometimes it just goes that way, doesn't it? Love all your blocks. Plenty of geese in there to practice for Di's lovely hipbees block!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! Love those bom blocks. They will make up into a fab quilt (sometime next millenium!). Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. it can be scary when you realise just how far behind you are !! just keep making them when you can and you may be surprised to find none left to make! ... of course you will then have to join them together.. and layer.. and quilt .. and bind...lol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back! Those BOMs look great and can be done your own pace, love the fabric. Am swooning over your fabric on last photo and looking forward to seeing what you make!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the technical term for that last picture is 'wowzer' ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really lovely blocks, but O.M.F.G that last photo!!! wowza. So, so cool... cant wait to see!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those BOM's. Can not wait to see what you are cooking up in the last picture

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't remember what I was going to say - that last photo has me mesmerised! Can't wait to see what you're making!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello there - lovely block for Di, and unopened fabric packages, are you feeling OK?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your BOM blocks are gorgeous! I have been wanting to make one of those flying geese blocks... it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Lovely comments read with glee everyday.