I've been hacking away at my sewing to do list this week. I fancied a change from quilts so yesterday I started and finished a snazzy Little Red Riding Hood cape! Get me ;) It's a pattern from an Oliver and S book. This is the most complex clothing pattern that I have tried to date. I was slightly disturbed as it was marked as one of the easiest patterns in the book, that just shows what a rookie I am when it comes to clothes. Anyway, I pulled up the big girl panties and got on with it. I traced the pattern pieces onto Freezer paper so I could dispense with some of the pins. I hate pinning patterns to fabric, I always manage to shift the layers, luckily the freezer paper stuck well enough that I could rotary cut around most of them without pins :)
I didn't really know how to take photos of it to show you how cute it is in use. This is for my 3 year old cousin and we won't be seeing her to get photos so Jess very kindly offered to model it for me :) So funny!! I'm sure you'll love her work!