Sunday 17 August 2014

Oops...

... I'm not sure where time flew to. There has been plenty of sewing going on but as usual not a lot I can share with you just yet but I did think it was about time I showed you the cushion I made for Kay with the mini-cartwheels.
I got busy with my usual crazy-straight-line quilting in a yellow variegated Aurifil thread. I love the texture it adds without detracting too much from the patchwork.
I used one of my favourite Pam Kitty Picnic prints for the back of the cushion.
Before sending it off to Kay I took a photo of it next to the full-size Cartwheels cushion. I love them both :)
I am extremely tempted to revisit the full-size Carthwheels block for a quilt! I may even have dug out a long hoarded stash of Punctuation with this in mind ;) In the meantime I've been working on another EPP design, Wafers. There will be a reveal of that very soon as it's currently awaiting quilting :)
I hope all is good with you. Catch you soon x

6 comments:

  1. Love the mini cartwheels cushion. Lucky Kay! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. My cushion is great, and a whole quilt int his design would be amazing. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. mini cartwheels have worked a treat on the pillow

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look great - loving the wafers so have bought the templates. Mind has gone blank as to what sewing WIP I had on the go before holidays. So now I'm back I'll start again with something new ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Lovely comments read with glee everyday.