Monday 13 April 2015

Gathering

It's that time of the month again folks! The new issue of Quilt Now magazine is now available in UK stores (actually, it was available last Thursday so I'm a bit late). Issue 10 is packed full of bright and cheerful projects to try out. The gorgeous cover quilt is by the talented chappy, Nicholas Ball.
It's lovely to see projects by lots of friends in this issue! Kerry, Justine, Di, Katy, Lisa, Trudi and Katy C to name a few :)

This month's BOM technique is gathered patchwork hexagons. It was a technique I stumbled upon in my search for 3D hand sewing techniques and I think it was quite fun to do.
The companion project for this month is a mini travel sewing kit. I have visions of this one disappearing to live with Yvonne when I get it back from the publishers...I'll give you the link to the online tutorial when it's live but the tutorial is live on the Quilt Now website now and for anyone who already has the issue the pattern is in there :)
In other news, Leslie has reviewed the Doris Project bag pattern on her blog today. I can't wait to get back to the sewing machine as I have a Pam Kitty Garden Doris bag in progress that I started right before the nerve started playing up, fingers crossed it will be sorted out soon!
Catch you soon x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely comments read with glee everyday.