Sunday 19 July 2015

Floral Fancies and friends

Here I am to show you my final contributions to Quilt Now Issue 13. First up, Floral Fancies, a really cute EPP design that can then be appliqued to a backing.
 I used Oakshott solids for my flowers ...
and vintage sheet scraps for my backing.
I used perle thread to hand quilt the centre of each flower...
and to stitch the self-binding in place.
My final contribution this month is my Diamonds Kites and Stars pattern which was included in the free EPP project booklet.

It's another EPP and applique combination which makes it a little more time consuming than straight forward EPP but I think it's worth the extra time. 
In other news, while I'm on the subject of EPP, I've added bonus 6" templates of Hexiestar Tamed to the Mystery BOM section of our website. 
I've been having fun playing with the 6" version and thought you might like to try them out too. Catch you soon x

1 comment:

Lovely comments read with glee everyday.