Wednesday 9 March 2011

More swap goodies received :)

I've been a busy bee this past week or so but as I'm undecided about what I'm going to do with what I've been making I can't share it with you yet. To make up for this I am going to share with you these fabulous swap goodies that I've received :)

On Saturday this gorgeous package appeared at my house all the way from the States. The best kind of gift wrapped in fabric :) The purple is a tufted tweets tissue pouch! You all know how much I love Laurie Wisbrun fabrics so I was super excited to get this :)

When I opened it up I found this little beauty from Becky (moxiegrumby) in the My Favourite Little Quilt Swap. Typically my photo drains the colour from the fabrics but I think you can see that there is a whole lot of happiness going on here. This is its temporary residence, propped up on my machine, it will eventually go up on the wall behind my machine so I can see it when I'm sewing :)

This morning the post lady delivered another package in the form of my Scrappy Pincushion Swap! Another one all the way from the States. This gorgeous little pinnie and cute extras came from Wendy (On a WhimLittle Whimsies).

Here's a closer look at the detail on the pinnie :) Little beads and that butterfly! Beautiful. This will look so cute next to my machine :) Hooray for flickr swaps!!

5 comments:

  1. That wee pincushion is soooo cute! Looking forward to seeing what projects you've got up your sleeve!! Judith xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely haul. I had a pincushion from Wendy last round. Her work is just so lovely isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is cute! Her detailing is beautiful. I've been so lucky with all my swap partners!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm amazed you haven't gone pop with your little idea!! :) Love the pinnie and the little quilt. I'm with you flickr swaps are great. :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun bunch of goodies. I love the pincushion! My daughter loves the card and wants to know who designed it. Is there a name on the back of the card?

    ReplyDelete

Lovely comments read with glee everyday.