Friday 11 November 2011

Tree skirt progress

I've plodded away at the Christmas tree skirt all week and it's now ready for quilting :) Carol's pattern is super easy to follow! Even though I have cheated by using bigger strips of fabric than shown in the pattern I think it is still effective, if slightly less scrappy.
The Countdown to christmas fabric is so fresh and funky, I just love it! Here's a close-up of one of the trees so you can get an idea if you haven't seen the fabric before :)
I used 2 of the red and white prints from Sherbet Pips to add some extra interest in the curved sections of the tree, and to preserve some of the remaining red charms from the Countdown to Christmas range for another project :) Now all that remains is to quilt and bind! Bind!! Yikes, nearly 6 metres of binding and most of it curved....I suggest you put in ear plugs to drown out my cursing ;) Catch you soon x

7 comments:

  1. Good luck with the binding!! Great skirt xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's super, it'll be worth the binding effort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! Is there an opening? Or do you put the trunk through the centre hole when you put it in the stand?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely - hope the binding goes well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's looking great - can't wait to see it under your tree!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! That is one great tree skirt! So different from anything I've seen before..

    ReplyDelete

Lovely comments read with glee everyday.