Thursday 20 November 2014

Strike a pose

I currently have this song running through my head... 
...it's Vogue by Madonna for those that don't know. It's typical of me and my drama queen reaction to this amazing happening...
That, right there, is my quilt on the cover of Quilt Now Issue 5!!!! I am ridiculously chuffed to be gracing the cover. This is my favourite quilt design to date, so to have it on the front of the magazine is the cherry on top for me :)
I'm not going to lie, it was hard work making all those blocks but totally worthwhile for the end result. I got busy with the Perle 8 thread for some chunky hand quilting and I love the texture it gives :)
This issue of Quilt Now is all about scraps and there are lots of lovely projects for inspiration inside. We're making the second set of blocks towards the next border in the block of the month using Crazy Patchwork. It's quick and fun!
This month's free BOM project is an apron and you'll find the tutorial here.
Now I'm off to chill out before a rare outing to see Noel Fielding... Catch you soon x

11 comments:

  1. Don't tell us it's hard work or we won't want to make it! It looks lovely, definitely my favourite project in the magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is striking and beautiful and fully deserves its cover moment. I love how the grey lv fabrics mixed with the purples give it a different to normal winter feel. Congrats cover girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go girl! Totally gorgeous and well deserved! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous quilt and well deserved! hope Noel was good! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!get you!On the cover of a magazine!Love it,great work.Also very jealous that you're off to see Noel Fielding,hope you had a great time x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations - it looks like an amazing quilt :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh!! That is a beaut of a quilt - my annual scrappy spring quilt (okay, this will only be the second one but still!) could well be this pattern. Must pick up a copy and congrats on your cover!! X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats and hugs for such a wonderful cover gracing quilt. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. well done on making the cover, it's very well deserved as it's by far the best project in the magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was my favourite bit of the mag! I have SO many projects on the go with Christmas coming up but this is on my New Year list...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it so I bought the PDF version of the magazine. Too bad that there was no paper piecing template included. I so wanted to make this quilt. It's beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely comments read with glee everyday.