Sunday 8 February 2015

Shields

Issue 8 of Quilt Now hits the UK shops on Thursday. This month's theme is monochrome and you'll find that there's nothing dull about it! Lynne's Cherie quilt graces the front page and snuggled up next to it is my Shields cushion :)
I spent the Christmas holiday manically sewing EPP to get it ready for the magazine. It's a whopping 28"! I've included lots of step by step instruction in the hopes that confident beginnners will be able to tackle it as well as those more familiar with EPP. I used lots of Art Gallery Fabrics low volume prints and some rather delicious Free Spirit solids. I'm delighted with the end result! I'm sure it would look pretty in colour too :)
This month's block of the month technique is fast-flying geese . I do love a quick block!
The bonus companion project is a cushion this month. I'm sure it will be up  Available now on the Quilt Now website shortly too. I used the flying geese to create a chevron effect. Very quick but effective. The gorgeous prints are from Cleta by AGF in-house studio and Jungle Avenue by Sara Lawson both for Art Gallery Fabrics.
I'll be back later this week. Hope you're all enjoying your weekend. Catch you soon x

3 comments:

  1. Your cushion looks great! I am in the process of sewing a quilt up in record time for the same reason! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still chuckling about the geese!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely comments read with glee everyday.