Tuesday 13 September 2011

Jackpot!

You know I love a good swap! I've done plenty in the last year or so. I've always been blessed with fabulous partners but this time round I'm gobsmacked!! In the For the love of solids swap I was paired to receive from quilting royalty, none other than Carol (Mamacjt)! Can you believe it?! I was so excited when I opened the rather large box and caught sight of a cotton reel necklace. Could I be so lucky? Yes I could! Carol had posted a thread on flickr asking for details that she could use to personalise a caricature and I'd duly added my details in the hope rather than the belief that I'd be lucky enough to be her partner. I was so excited I whooped out loud and was thankful for a strong pelvic floor ;) So here I am in all my glory! Carol you are AMAZING!!!
As well as being fabulously talented Carol is also extremely generous! Just look at all the extras Carol sent me....be jealous folks, it's all mine!
That's 2 of her very own patterns, a solids charm pack and a chequerboard with mini buttons for chequers!!
After all that excitement I am totally exhausted and unusually for me, stuck for words now. Wow! Thanks Carol, you are a total rockstar!

13 comments:

  1. Oh wow! You'll need a sit down in a quiet corner to recover from all that loveliness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renne, I'm so glad you like your package. I had a "ball" making YOU and believe it or not, doing "you" started me on my current "ladies series". So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You completely and utterly lucked out there. Done the happy dance yet?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Lucky you - I've been watching Carol's ladies evolve for a while and loving them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can testify how excited you were when you received your parcel! I was at home on the phone talking to Jess when it was delivered and didn't need the receiver to hear Correne as she realised what it was! Much yelling and garbling and whooping! Every reason too, it's totally fabulous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so brilliant!!! We need side by side pics for proof of the likeness please!! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Reene - what an amazing gift! That is a really fun and inspiring quilt - does it look like you? I agree with Had, let's see! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I promise to add a photo when I've had my roots done and lost this giant zit I have! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! Wow, that checkerboard is so cool. And I love your portrait!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yep, you are one lucky lady! And so cute in fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh wow, that is so fantastic, and look at all that stash you received. Very lucky!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous package - I envy your pelvic floor.

    ReplyDelete

Lovely comments read with glee everyday.