Wednesday 27 November 2013

Busy Bee

I've started work on a special quilt for one of my best friend's new baby, Florence. Florence was born while I was on bed rest following my op so I had to content myself with sketching out a plan for the quilt. My sketching is awful, I am no artist! I'm not even showing you the sketch it's that bad but thankfully I am quite good with fabric ;) I bought a fat quarter stack of Briar Rose from Justine at Simply Solids earlier this year and this project was perfect for it! Hopefully you can tell that it's supposed to be a beehive, if not just humour me :) I strip pieced the beehive then appliqued it the solid.
I added some flowers that I cut with my Go!Baby...
...then got busy with some sky writing. Excuse the  dodgy quality photo, it was getting dark again. I felt most pleased with myself for the fussy cut bee and the sky writing was passable although it does look a little like the bee might have been out on the tiles before doing it ;) 
So, tomorrow I hope to finish this baby quilt in daylight so I can get some nice photos before I send it to it's new home. Catch you soon x

10 comments:

  1. Such a treasure for that special little new girl. Lovely idea and beautiful fabric too.
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely bee hive design. Looking forward to seeing the finished quilt! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a lovely quilt for a baby.Is your go baby rather like a sizzix, have not heard of it before?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This quilt will need hanging on Florence's wall it is going to be such a beautiful finish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what you did with that little bee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very girlie and sweet. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's an adorable design. Can't wait to see the big reveal.

    ReplyDelete

Lovely comments read with glee everyday.