Tuesday 12 November 2013

Commitment issues

I have no less than 5 projects on the go at the moment. I don't know why I'm being so fickle, maybe I'm just in a rush to try all the ideas that entered my head while I was out of action :) I've recently joined Instagram so apologies to those of you that follow me there as a lot of what I'm going to show now has been aired over there in the last week or so. [Yvonne's on there too but she might be a bit quiet as they've just moved house and have no broadband]
There's been quite a bit of progress on my kites, diamonds and stars EPP project. I've decided it will be a cushion so I've only got one more set of shapes to piece :)
The lovely ladies of the HipBees have been dutifully returning their October blocks to me (I showed you 2 here) and I've been whipping them up into finished blocks as soon as they pop through the door. So much for taking my time over this one ;) It's shaping up to be another contender for my all-time favourite quilt. You can see the individual blocks here. I'll do a nice post showing the individual blocks when I do the final reveal...whenever that might be.
There has been a trial run of Christmas tree decorations using crazy scrappy patchwork. This is definitely a work in progress as I can't decide what I want the finished hearts to look like. I've got another one ready to put together which I'm going to trim with mini-pompoms.
Today I've been having much fun with some gorgeous Laurie Wisbrun prints and bright solids but I can't show you much detail of this project yet. Here's a sneaky peek for now :)
Finally, I've been crocheting in the evenings whilst watching tv so there is wool all over the place in our living room :) I've only got dodgy phone camera pictures of progress with this project so I'll have to get some better pics of that before I share it here. I'll leave you with photos of the most awesome birthday cake in the whole world ever!
 My gorgeous and talented sister-in-law made this for my 38th birthday, complete with replica Sneaky Stars quilt!
I should have taken a pic of the inside because it had multicoloured layers. Jade has some seriously excellent cake making skills! Even more amazingly, this cake was wheat and gluten-free. I'm almost looking forward to next year's birthday for another cake ;)  Catch you soon x

13 comments:

  1. Oh my! That EPP is gorgeous! Hoping that cake if calorie free too! Oh well can't have everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your EPP is coming along a treat, it is so much more relaxing than machine piecing isn`t it, mind you it is much slower to do! Realised whilst looking at that beautiful cake that I was licking my lips!! shows how tempting it is, seems a shame to have to cut it up !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Awesome cake. Love your bee quilt too, no wonder you're making good progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cake is fab - made me laugh so much when I saw it on IG. I think that at this pace your reveal of the hipbees quilt finish will be sooner rather than later. It looks awesome,bet you can't wait to get the other blocks added. I think for now you should embrace the enthusiasm that has you creating so much - you are clearly having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. your bee quilt is looking amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Talent abounds in your family! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love kits, diamonds and stars and your bee quilt is beautiful. Amazing cake!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some lovely projects but the cake takes the biscuit, if you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Hipbee quilt is looking amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic cake I had a 38 birthday recently too but didn't get a cake :( I promise to get your block to you by the end of this week! Honest! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing stitchery, and even though I am feeling a bit caked-out this week, that does look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely comments read with glee everyday.