Wednesday 9 July 2014

Prepping

Well it's been a very busy time in this neck of the woods. I've been secret sewing, blog updating and website building.I've added some new content over at www.nelliesniceties.com so if you haven't already visited it might be a good time to check it out. I'd love to know what you think of the facelift so far! I'm going to try migrating this blog over to the website in the next few days so apologies in advance for any disruption. If it doesn't work out I'll just leave it here and add new posts here and on the website; me and technology are not the greatest of friends.

In amongst all this business I remembered that I'd signed up for this year's Fat Quarterly Retreat Sample Swap. Given that retreat starts next Friday it really was about time for me to get cracking on making my samples! I've been procrastinating as I really didn't know what to make, then this afternoon I had a light-bulb moment when I decided to make reversible aprons :) I dug out some pretty fabrics and set to work. They go together really quickly and I'm a little bit delighted with them. This is the first one that I've finished, I've just got to add apron ties to 3 more tomorrow. Front...
and back...
There's another one in theses fabrics and then another 2 that are the grey version of this Flea Market fancy print with a Joel Dewberry Modern Meadow print. I'm hoping that they won't be too offensive for whoever is in my swap group. Tomorrow I'm hoping to get on with finishing the other 3 aprons after I've been to the hairdressers to tame my crazy hair for retreat. I'm not sharing a picture here of me until that mess is remedied! Catch you soon x

8 comments:

  1. Oooh lovely!!
    I got my haircut today too - FQR is a special occasion!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great swap ideas. Are they your reversible fat quarter apron pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haircut for me today too but just cos I am at sheepdog stage.
    Envy your techie skills.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heck thanks for the wake up call! Great pinnie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are brilliant!
    I need to get on and finish my swap things and I've no chance of a haircut before retreat with my children's social life!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. got my Quilt now yesterday and see Renee you are doing the BOM looks like a great new magazine, seems funny to see so many faces I know contributing

    ReplyDelete

Lovely comments read with glee everyday.