It's been a really busy week as it was Ralph's 65th Birthday on Thursday. He took a couple of days off for us to go out a couple of times .... and then we had a BBQ on Saturday for the family. It was a lovely time but I am Soooo tired now and, clearly, forgot pretty much all else in the busyness!!
Fortunately I had already decided what to choose for Q3 and it's a short list .. again .. so I can quickly let you know my goals before I dash (!!!) off to do tea...... at least .... to
So here they are... my goals for Q3
1. Sandwich and baste my Fresh Modern Bee 2 Secret Garden Quilt. You can see where I am on this quilt
here on my previous post.
2. Complete the top and sandwich and baste my Hexistars Quilt. Here's where I've got to so far.
Just needs squaring up now
I'm planning to use large hexies for the squaring up .... oh here's a question.... can you square up an oblong?
Anyway, hopefully you can see what I mean. I haven't decided yet whether to leave the sides as they are or make them straight. What do you think?
3. Spring/Summer Table Runner. The top is already done and the border added. Now I have to sandwich baste and quilt it. I'd like to have it completed before the next quarter! Really... as it's title suggests it was started for Spring use and now it's Summer and still sitting there!
Such sunny pretty fabrics
The fabrics are by Quilt Gate I think it's called the Princess Rose collection and I got them from Kerri's etsy shop. They are really soft and almost lawn like, they remind me of girly summer dresses.
4. 30's Spring Carnival Quilt/Runner. I started this back in 2012 I think, when the first collection of 30's Playtime fabrics were released by Chloes Closet for Moda. I did quite a bit and then got sidetracked.... I know it sounds like a stuck record doesn't it? I love the pattern, it's EPP (English paper pieced) and the design is by the lovely Katy of imagingermonkey fame. The templates are free on her website and she has examples of what she has made with them. Wonderful inspiration.
This is it so far
I made the cushion in reds, pinks and blues first from the same fabric collection. Love it.... had to start something bigger with all the colours so it would be really scrappy. I know it will be fab when it's done so I need to just get on with it. It will be my next hand sewing for the evenings ... when I'm 'watching' TV and trying not to fall asleep or snore so loudly that Ralph realises I'm asleep!! I know I won't finish it in a quarter but I would like to have made progress with it.
And last but by no means least
5. Sevenberry Swoon Quilt. I must carry on piecing blocks for this one. Again it won't be finished but I want to have added more blocks to the three I've done so far. You can see where I got to in my previous post here.
So that's it 5 goals this time and I really hope I manage more than my 50% from last quarter, although Helen has convinced me that there is nothing wrong with 50%. And I know myself that it's much better than having all of them sat in my UFO/WIP pile making me feel guilty! :-)
Thank you for visiting and encouraging me in my quilting endeavours. I hope you realise how grateful I am to you. I'm off now to look busy in the kitchen. Take good care of yourselves and happy sewing.