Saturday 16 June 2012

ET calling

Every once in a while a block comes along that screams "make me now". Lynne's new ET phone home block is one of those! I've spent the afternoon playing with Oakshotts and this lovely print from Basic Grey. Coincidentally the film, ET, was on the tv this afternoon.....(do-de-do-do twilight zone). The photo doesn't really do this justice but those of you who know what Oakshotts are like will know that the colours are way more gorgeous in real life. I cracked open my Colourbox for the first time in honour of this block ;)
I think I'll sash this block and turn it into a cushion or something similar. This is a really addictive block so I foresee more of these in my future!
Just before I go I'll point out that the Brit Quilt Swap has started sign-ups for the next round. We're back to making mini quilts this round :) It's good to see lots of familiar names in there!
Hope you're all having a good weekend so far. Catch you soon x

15 comments:

  1. This is fab! It would make a great cushion or table centre piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe you have done one already! Looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks amazing, I really want to give it a go too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your block is beautiful, I hope to make one too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love it - I have the templates all ready to go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is an adorable block and I love your fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're so quick! I love it - the colours are gorgeous and your choice of background fabric is inspired!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. woohoowooohoowoooooohooo - yayayayayayay love love love love love you're a ROCKSTAR!!!! You've made my day. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! Really like the colours against the black, it'll make a lovely cushion :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super!!!
    Tolle Stoffe.
    Liebe Grüße Grit

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love love love this. You have definitely inspired me to take on one more project (you know how it is -- I need one more project like I need another hole in the head!). :)

    ReplyDelete

Lovely comments read with glee everyday.