Friday 15 June 2012

Summer Sewing Contest

As I have a summery finish to show you I thought I'd link up with Jennifer at Ellison Lane Quilts' Summer Sewing Contest. There are some lovely makes over there!
                                                                Ellison Lane Quilts
I'm entering this Central Park Triple Squared Tablecloth in the Home Decor category. I had originally intended this to be a quilt but regular readers will know that I'm not big on patience.As much as I love the pattern and the fabric I just couldn't face making another 28 blocks so I stopped at 36 blocks which gives a lovely sewing machine table cover size!
The finished flimsy was around 36" square. I've backed it with a print from Dolce by Tanya Whelan which works perfectly with the Central Park by Kate Spain. I was really lazy and just sewed the front and back right sides together, then turned it through the right way and topstitched around the edges. Nothing fancy here but I think it makes a beautiful addition to my sewing room when the machine isn't in use.
Here's a photo of the whole thing when it's not draped over the table. I love this fabric line it's so summery!
It's funny how projects evolve. I think my impatience did me a favour this time round ;) Don't forget to go and check out the other lovely projects. Catch you soon x

9 comments:

  1. If only the skies today could look as summery as your little cloth! Looks great and sure to pretty up any space!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely :-) Central Park is one of my favourites

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful! good luck in the contest...my fingers are crossed for you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks beautiful! Thanks for linking up and entering the contest. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely comments read with glee everyday.