Friday, 29 June 2012

Glued!

I didn't trust myself not to make a total mess of the gluing of my In the frame purse  so I took some naked shots for you to see. I managed to make the purse look quite tidy by turning through at the top which was a necessity with the middle panel being sewn into the lining. At least if it falls out of the frame it looks quite presentable ;)
 I used a thin iron interfacing to keep the linen in position, well you know how stretchy it can be, and batting to add a little substance when I quilted the diagonal lines.
 I went for the less is more option on embellishment so hopefully my partner will happy with that :)
I wish I'd used a stiffener in the central panel to give it a bit more structure but I didn't so it will have to do as it is. There is a little personal detailing on the other side of the panel but it will be a dead giveaway to my partner so I can't show it! What a tease?! Thankfully gluing went without a hitch. That is to say I got it where it was supposed to be and not all over the fabric. Whether it will hold is another story. I used some purse frame cord on the lining side of the purse in the hope that it will stop things moving too much. 
I have to say I'm pretty chuffed with how it turned :) Now to stitch up a little something extra...Catch you soon x

10 comments:

  1. Wow I think it looks great - go you using the tricky frame and making it look so professional.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks fantastic! I turned mine through at the top as well and it was really easy that way

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks brilliant, and I am very impressed with the centre piece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks fantastic, Reene! I really want to try those divided purse frames, I've only made the basic ones so far. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your purse is really lovely. I've been fussing with glue today! Argh!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely comments read with glee everyday.