Tuesday 16 November 2010

Still churning them out

I'm still being rather productive at the moment which means my to do list is shrinking! I've finished the woodland scene for My favourite little quilt swap on flickr. My fingers are still crossed in the hope that someone will like it.

The babette blanket is growing steadily. I've completed 5 out of 10 blocks, although obviously the blocks get bigger the further into the blanket I get so I'm a long way off being finished.

The Pillow Talk {Swap} on flickr has just started again so I've wasted no time in launching into my offering for my partner. I'm using Urban Circus by Laurie Wisbrun and some Snippets by American Jane, I think they were made for each other. I couldn't decide which half square triangle design I wanted to use so listed various permutations on flickr and took the advice of the other participants. The zig-zag won the day by a narrow margin over the pin-wheel.

After completing this one I did have a bit of a wobble. What if my partner preferred the pin-wheel design?! Easily remedied! I've made a second pillow top which contains the pin-wheel but with a bit of a twist ;-) It's on Mr Ele's blanket! Tomorrow's task will be to quilt these 2 ready for turning into finished covers.

Having received my fab Scrappy hoop last week I was inspired to make a wreath of my own. This little chap in red and aqua ribbons is just waiting for some adornment as yet undecided.

2 comments:

Lovely comments read with glee everyday.