Sunday 27 March 2011

Wedding prep

Sorry for the blog silence this past week, I have been working hard to finish my quilt for Modern Relief Japan. It's almost complete, I've just got to finish hand sewing the binding :) I won't bore you with pictures of it now as I will be doing an in-depth post on it when Modern Relief Japan 'goes live' at the beginning of April. Yvonne is also hard at work on her offering, so there will be a post from her towards the end of April/beginning of May.

This weekend I have finally purchased an outfit to wear at my brother's wedding. With 3 weeks to go I was definitely cutting it fine!! I'm sure I've mentioned before that I'm going to be his 'Best Man' :) Ollie will be very grateful that I won't be turning up in my PJs! Speaking of last minute....I've made progress with the bunting for the reception venue. I'm sure the tartan will give you a clue as to the location of the wedding!


I've almost cut out enough pennants to be able to construct the 50 or so metres that are needed! Hopefully the ribbon that I'm going to attach them to will arrive early this week. So, if it goes quiet around here again this week you'll know why :)

6 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see your finished quilt. Looks like you're going to be a busy bee again this week! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Judith :) Yes indeed, very busy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! 50 metres is a lot of little triangles, but it is going to lovely and knowing that they've been handmade with love adds an extra special touch! Happy cutting and stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sarah :) I'm hoping that will be the case.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great stuff! I love bunting and go girl doing a quilt for Modern relief. Its bad timing for me in terms of making anything but I will be buying lots of tickets for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Justine :-) ticket buying is just as important as making a quilt! I really hope that we raise lots of money to help those poor people in Japan!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely comments read with glee everyday.