Monday 12 September 2011

The things I do for love

It's Yvonne's month in Fresh Modern Bee 2. We've been asked to use Oasis by Three Sisters to create floral blocks. This is a very dodgy picture of what are actually very pretty fabrics.
Today I set out to make my block; I had in mind a bouquet. My sewing machine had in mind other things. First it bit me...
then the needle snapped spectacularly...
Anyway, after much mopping of blood and swearing I managed to finish the block and it got away unscathed! I used the floral die I had at Christmas with my Go!Baby.
I have done a very rustic raw edge applique, hampered somewhat by the finger injury!
I'm pretty sure that Yvonne will love it. One of the bonuses of being in a bee with your Mum :) Catch you soon x

11 comments:

  1. Oh I love this too - need to decide what to do - these fabrics are so wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks great and I love the fabric: hope your finger recovers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch, hope the finger heals soon! Lovely block :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh poor finger! Lovely block though! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ouchie! Hope your finger recovers soon. Great use of the fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Reene! I'm afraid I sniggered at the comedy bandage! Lovely block though xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oww. Poor finger. :( You know I thought I heard some cussing down the road. :) I'm sorry you suffered for your art but have to say I LOVE the block. And you too for making it for me, of course. Although I'm surprised the medics didn't insist on taking you to hospital! :)) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was OK, I had my own St John's Ambulance medic here just in case....what with all the blood loss, you never can be too careful ;) Drama Queen? Moi?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are you kidding me? You made that with that bandage!! You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Poor finger...hope it recovers soon! Great block!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely block. Hope your finger gets better soon

    ReplyDelete

Lovely comments read with glee everyday.