Wednesday 4 April 2012

Sweeties

Following on from yesterday's sweet-fest I thought I'd better find some slightly less waist-expanding alternatives to add a smile to my face. In the first instance I've pulled together a collection of Aurifil threads for Lynne and Mr Aurifil's Designer Collection Contest. With my sweet tooth in mind I've named the collection Licorice Allsorts. I know I'm safe on all fronts with this lot as I would never eat Licorice...shudder... and I'd have to be desperate to eat thread! You can find the other entrants here.
I've also added more to my Flea Market Fancy/Hope Valley strings. I'm pleased with progress so far. It's my intention to make a quilt out of these blocks but needless to say that will be another long term project!
Hope you're week is going well so far. Catch you soon x

5 comments:

  1. Oooh, love the setting for your strings block! Very cool concept.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooooh lovely strings and Aurifil x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like a Creme Egg as mch as the next one but licorice allsorts - now you are talking, I can't stop once I open a bag, usually end up feeling quite sick.......(how old am I??)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love string blocks, and I'm loving the FMF... so wow... I like.... a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your strings blocks are looking great!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely comments read with glee everyday.