Wednesday 9 May 2012

M.E. Awareness week

It's that time of year again folks. M.E Awareness week is upon us. As regular readers know our lovely daughter, Jess, suffers with severe Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/M.E. Last year Jess wrote an article here on our blog but this year she has a blog of her own that she has just started writing so there's a post over there. If you have the time or the inclination to head over there to read it and leave a comment I'm sure Jess would be really chuffed and I for one will be delighted. It's a very frank article from Jess' perspective and tissues may be in order.




I support the Association of Young People with ME
ME/CFS is a little understood but potentially devastating illness. Symptoms can include: prolonged 
unremitting exhaustion, muscle pain, joint pain, severe headaches, cognitive problems and 
many more. Some people with ME may be able to manage school or work with 
difficulty while others can be left bedridden for years.

AYME is a lifeline to 

children and young people with this devastating illness, providing vital support, information and services.

Please consider going here so you can repost this information and spread the word, or 

to AYME's website to read and learn a little more for the future.



I'll be back soon with the usual sewing news :) Catch you soon x

3 comments:

  1. I didn't realize that your daughter had this. Out of curiosity, did she have a virus before? I know that my aunt and her brother both suffered from a flu-like illness before they were struck with type 1 diabetes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Off to have a look - I hadn't realised it was ME awareness week until I saw it on Ceefax last night, looks like I've missed it...again!!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely comments read with glee everyday.