Thursday 8 May 2014

FAL -Hexiestars cushion

My day started with the return of my quilts from Quilt and Stitch Village, which also meant the judges comments! I was braver than I thought I would be taking a peek at them and thankfully they were better than I expected :) Here are the comments for the Brit Print Girls Medallion Quilt...
and the comments for the Never Forgotten improv quilt. I wondered how the judges would react to the improv quilt as it was a very traditional show, so I was delighted that they liked my "refreshingly different interpretation of the theme" :) Also delighted that there were no ticks in the "needs attention" box!
After such positive comments I will be brave enough to enter another quilt competition in the future :) This afternoon I managed to squeeze in some much needed sewing time and finished up my Hexiestars cushion! I'm so pleased to able to cross this one off my FAL list :)
It was really difficult to get a decent picture today as it was so grey outside but I was too impatient to take finished pictures, sorry. I didn't want to compete with the colours of the stars so used a grey variegated Aurifil thread to echo quilt the hexagons...
and create a wonky asterisk through the stars.
I'm thrilled with how it has turned out and I've been overwhelmed with the response to it over on Instagram :) Don't forget the templates are available here if you fancy having a go yourself! I'd love to see your version if you do, so please use #hexiestars over on Instagram or add a picture to our Flickr group :)
Catch you soon x

6 comments:

  1. congrats on your comments and rightly so. The hexie cushion looks great

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your hexie cushion - so bright and happy! And well done on getting such brilliant feedback on your quilts! So well deserved! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on such great feedback. And I love your new cushion :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cushion is gorgeous!! Lovely feedback on your quilts - does this mean you're going to enter more shows?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great and pretty pillow!!!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely comments read with glee everyday.