Sunday 24 October 2010

My first ever flickr swap item received!!

I've been anticipating the arrival of my Scrappy pincushion for weeks and it arrived this morning!! So exciting. It travelled all the way from Buenos Aires and thanks to the post person was delivered to the wrong address. I received a mysterious message from a stranger on Facebook yesterday informing me that she had a package in my name and could she have the correct address to deliver it to. Thankfully there was no ransom note :) The stranger (a kind neighbour several doors away) popped it through my door this morning. So this rather well travelled package is now safely at it's new home.I've captured the front and back for you below.



Sandy has done a fabulous job on this pincushion. I love it!!! Sandy also included the green fabric that the pinnie is photographed on, three teeny-tiny hexies, an orange trim, a yellow trim and a recipe for Crunchy chocolate chip cookies! I am so lucky. This has been a very successful first swap through Flickr and I can't wait to see what the other swaps bring me now that I've had such a fab package from Sandy :)

3 comments:

  1. Oh thank goodness you've received - I kept seeing your name on the list of those who hadn't received! And that is a gorgeous pincushion - I love the hand stitching along the seams - something I'd like to copy some time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I'm really pleased with it! As the world's most impatient person it was painful waiting so long but it was worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo! Definitely worth the wait! So glad it finally arrived safely. You see patience is a virtue well rewarded! :))

    ReplyDelete

Lovely comments read with glee everyday.