Wednesday 20 October 2010

Pickledish quilt along with Comfortstitching

I've finally pulled my finger out and made a start on my first block for the pickledish quilt along with Aneela of Comfortstitching. This is way out of my comfort zone as I am notoriously impatient and this design calls for paper piecing....ahhh! Aneela has a fab tutorial which encouraged me that this would be manageable for me. My first pieced arch was somewhat desperate (seen on the top here) but by the time I reached the 3rd pieced arch I think I'd just about got the hang of it. I managed to finish 8 pieced arches in all.



I'm hoping to crack on with the infill shapes tomorrow, I'm expecting much cussing with all that curved piecing!! I've decided to use red for the infill shapes rather than subdued white, I am such a show-off :)



2 comments:

  1. Very nice! This quilt-a-long is on my to do list for the new year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I'm guessing that your to do list is about as long as mine :)

    ReplyDelete

Lovely comments read with glee everyday.