Saturday 15 January 2011

Addictive personality

I have definitely got an addictive personality. Since the start of the year I have signed up to 4 flickr swaps and 2 sew/quilt alongs!! I'm not too sure how this happened but I can't seem to be able to resist them. Here are the details just in case you're interested :)

All the flickr stalking that goes with these swaps has led to me being rather more quiet on here than I would normally be so I will endeavour to keep you updated more often about the projects that Yvonne and I have going on. This month my cousin's precious daughter is 1 year old. I can't believe how quickly the time has flown. I'm in the process of making her a hoop for her bedroom wall. I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do yet but I do know that it will include this pieced star. It's the first time I've used diamonds to make a star and I'm quite impressed at how close I got at matching up the points.

From a distance it looks quite impressive!

I don't have many other photos of projects at the moment as the light round here is so shocking but I will leave you with these blocks that I have done for Krista aka Lolablueocean on the Fresh Modern Bee 2. Krista asked for circles or circular type designs and these are my offerings.


Catch up with you soon :)

5 comments:

  1. Fabulous star! I absolutely love it. And both of Krista's blocks are great. Well done you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I hope you're cracking on with writing your first post for the blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you machine the star or hand paper piece? I find it easier to get everything to line up if I do it by hand. Love the circle blocks too. I am developing a fear of curved piecing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I machined the star and surprisingly it lined up quite well for a first attempt. The large circle one I did was really easy but the smaller one with the owl and the pussycat was a pain in the rear!I'm determined to keep persevering with curved piecing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't respond to the comment you left on my recent post since you don't have an e-mail added to your account, but I really wanted to address a couple things, so I'll just leave it here. :)

    Amy Butler sure does like her interfacing, doesn't she?! I'm planning on not interfacing my lining since I'm using home decor weight fabric. I will interface the pockets though to keep them from being too flimsy. Paper patterns do take some time to get used to, but you'll get a hang of it! In the future, if you're having problems with your pieces shifting, you can trace the pieces onto freezer paper, then iron the freezer paper to your fabric. It does add an extra step when it comes to transferring the pattern to the freezer paper, but cutting is much quicker!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely comments read with glee everyday.