The lighting is pretty poor so you don't get the true colours but I was so excited that I'd finished it that I couldn't wait until the morning to show off :)
The pattern called for a self-coloured button but I've had this rather large button (about 2") for ages and have been desperate for a project to use it on, so I improvised.
I always get a little buzz when I sew a Nellie's Niceties label in/on something I've made. My Nan (Nellie, obviously!) would have been so proud.
I used this very busy Gunilla fabric from Ikea to line the bag. As it is quite a heavy home decor weight fabric I was able to get away without using the dreaded interfacing that had let me down on the main exterior panels. Ok so the finished bag is probably more floppy than Amy intended but I think it still looks fab!
I got my reluctant daughter to model the bag for me and promised her I'd use the photo after discarding the photos of her modelling the apron the other evening. This photo is the least 'attitude' shot I could find, and don't worry folks she does have an arm it's just up in the air so it wouldn't detract from the bag :) She was much happier modelling this than the apron. A girly-girl she is not!!!
Thanks to Bree for organising the sewalong which gave me the motivation to start sewing from this yummy book.