Thursday 18 August 2011

Another quilt in the making and good post

Firstly I'd like to thank you for all your kind wishes regarding Holly. We're bearing up well now and Benji is being a little trouper! Today I made a start on another quilt :) I enjoyed the process of block building that I used for the item I'm making for my partner in the For the love of solids swap so I decided to use the same method on a bigger scale for a quilt. A little while ago I saw this post on Lynne's blog and being the fabricaholic that I am, rushed straight over there to get me some goodies :) One fat quarter stack of Parisville winged its' way over the ocean to me and after graciously sharing it with Yvonne I decided to use the rest in the new quilt. I already have a name for it too which is amazing as I'm usually utterly rubbish at this part. So here is the first glimpse of "French Jezebel"....I'm chuckling to myself as I write that :)
I'm not quite sure what the layout will be yet but I think the blocks will be placed around a central panel. Watch this space ;)

Yesterday I did another spot of retail therapy which was very naughty after the £300 plus vet bill(!!!) but I like being naughty ;) Again it was another Brit blogger who led me astray, Sarah is a bad girl! Sarah mentioned that Eternal Maker had some Ruby Star Spring in stock so I went to have a look. In the end I only bought one fat quarter from that range but got side-tracked into buying some other goodies. I have used Eternal Maker before and have always been really pleased with their service. They have a spangly new website which makes for a very pleasant retail experience :) Imagine my surprise when my order was delivered today!! Woohoo! Just to be clear here, I'm not on commission they're just great! Here's what I bought. A half metre stack of Farmdale (purpose unknown, maybe aprons?)...
an Eternal Maker stack of black and white linens (which I plan to use in a project for Jess)...
some Echino and Ruby Star Spring...
and some Far Far Away 3!! Fabulous to be able to get some of this current line without having to wait for it to come from America!!

So surrounded by yet more fabulous fabric I'd better pull my finger out and finish some projects :) Catch you soon!

5 comments:

  1. ooh you HAVE been a naughty girl!

    Sorry if I led you astray ... those vet bills! Don't start me ....

    I ordered some ruby star spring and it arrived today! super speedy! (I'm not on commission either, but Eternal Maker are good aren't they!)

    I'm sitting on my sofa unfolding and stroking and refolding at present ...

    Happy Sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh La La to your quilt name ;-)

    I've been Eternal Maker shopping too. I'd heard of them before but never ordered because despite seeing scrummy interior shots of their shop I found their old website really hard to use and find stuff. I then went on the new one a few days ago (probably reminded after the same post by Sarah above!) and OMG. I actually had palpitations. So resisted until earlier...

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh so much lovely lovely fabric... I want some too... lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was actually 'IN' Eternal Maker yesterday!!! Anna had just packaged up Sarah's order! Just about to post about my little spree!

    It is the "I like being naughty" quotes that are getting you onto 'those' search engine results ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the name for the quilt, and I have serious fabric envy

    ReplyDelete

Lovely comments read with glee everyday.