Wednesday 3 August 2011

This and that

I thought I'd better take a break from tablecloths and aprons today and get on with some of my other commitments! I made a start with July's block for Alison in the Fresh Modern Bee 2 It's nothing fantastic but I'm hoping that it will fit with the other blocks that Alison receives. I was never going to compete with this creation by Lynne or this one from Leila! I do think this is a fairly typical block by me though and that was the brief.
Then I cracked on with the other side of my mini quilt for the Doll Quilt Swap 11. A touch of Sashiko was the order of the day!
I've never done any Sashiko before and I'm not going to suggest that this is authentic, as it's basically the same design as the patchwork I've done for the other side, but I think it looks OK. Hopefully my partner will agree!
So tomorrow's task will be to quilt and bind. I think I can manage that even in this heat ;) Catch you again soon.

4 comments:

  1. Yep, no point in trying to compete with Lynne ever - she's dancing to a different tune, but your block is lovely, so I wouldn't worry!

    Loving the DQS stitchery x

    ReplyDelete
  2. your sashiko is brilliant! enough with the heat missus, some of us are sitting shivering! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful, what a great idea for the back of your mini quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooh I think Alison will like it ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Lovely comments read with glee everyday.