Thursday, 25 August 2011

Project 1 is covered

I've spent the last few days fiddling around with my first project for my partner in the For the love of solids swap. I decided to make a sewing machine cover as I had the digits for my partner's machine. It fits my machine nicely, so if my partner doesn't like it she can always send it back to me ;-) I don't seem to be able to capture the colours at all in photos; they look kind of like pastels here which is a shame as they are vivid bright colours in reality.
The same is true of the solid I've used for the other half of the cover. It's a very vivid teal with bright orange perle cotton embroidery.
This close-up of the embroidery is slightly closer to the actual colour but is still a bit bleached.
I used loops of orange ribbon for the fastenings at the sides. They just need to be wrapped around the button on each side to hold in place. I used clashing red buttons as that seems to be the way I'm rolling at the moment :)
Here it is all folded up and waiting for the second project to be completed(read started!)
The second item will have to wait a few days as I have to pull my finger out and make something for Yvonne's birthday (this Sunday!). I'm making a crafting apron for her, that much is no secret as I asked her what she would like. You'll have to wait until after Sunday to see that though... so there's no risk of peeking :) Catch you soon x


  1. It's beautiful! Your hand stitching really adds a lot to the cover. I bet your partner will be very happy!

  2. Oooh great sewing machine cover, I'm sure your partner will love it :-)

  3. Looks fab!
    And Go Yvonne! The Apron take over is working!!

  4. It looks fabulous - I love the hand stitching!

  5. This is lovely, the embroidery really adds to it


Lovely comments read with glee everyday.