Thursday 13 October 2011

Here I am, George

It's been a little while since I updated as Jess and I have been struck down with the lurgy. You know the one that lead's to a very shiny toilet from prolific disinfectant usage! Anyway that's probably too much information and I do hope you're not eating while reading this ;) Moving swiftly on, I managed to finish my Pillow Talk Swap cushion yesterday. As per usual my photography is horrid so the colours look far more washed out than they are in reality.
I backed it with a deep teal linen/cotton blend which also looks washed out in this photo...grrr.
Here's a close-up of my unimaginative straight line quilting :)
It's another cushion that I'm going to be sad to go. Prince Charming is such a gorgeous range of fabric. It's a good job I've got loads left :)

Today after a serious lack of sleep due to said 'lurgy' I completed a carry-cot sized quilt top in preparation for the arrival of a precious baby boy in January! I pattern tested this design for one of my fellow contestants in the Jelly Roll Dream Challenge. The pattern will be available for purchase in the near future, I'll let you know details when I have them. I've called my variation of the design 'Stripped Pips'; I'm so original ;) I'm planning to back it with a pale blue fleece and free-motion quilt it.
Sorry for the rather disjointed post this evening; 3 hours sleep is not enough for coherent and witty ramblings :) Catch you soon x

4 comments:

  1. Love the cushion and the baby quilt - two lucky recipients! Hope you and Jess feel better soon x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yet another bloomin lovely cushion! Reene you're the cushion queen :-) Love the pips top too. Hope you and Jess are better, or that you will be when you've caught up on your sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cushion is stunning - I know the true colours, so know it is a winner!

    The quilt is cute and clever!

    Hope you both kick the lurgy out by the weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Stripped Pips quilt looks great, it's such a clever design.
    I love the cushion, too. Don't laugh at me too much, but I think "rich" when I look at it.

    ReplyDelete

Lovely comments read with glee everyday.