Wednesday 19 October 2011

Who knew?

I have admired from afar the amazing paper-piecing talents of Lynne and Kerry but have always been convinced that there is no way that I could possibly achieve anything like it myself. Well...in a fit of craziness this afternoon I printed off a piecing by numbers pattern that frankly should have scared me senseless! I had previously printed off a Knight's Knot which I deemed too difficult without even trying so when you see what I tried for my first attempt at paper piecing you'll know I've lost the plot! It's called the Stargazer Crystal. I've taken a chance that my Brit Quilt Swap partner will like it and forged ahead with it.
I've got to make 6 triangles which are each constructed from 3 separate pieces. Piece one..
piece two attached to piece one...
and piece three attached to complete the first triangle! I'm beyond thrilled with myself for managing this. Who knew paper-piecing could be so fun? I know I'm late to the game on this one, most of you already know!

I'm hoping that even if my partner isn't a big fan of the pattern I've chosen she will at least be impressed by my new found skill :) Catch you soon x

10 comments:

  1. Wow, that's very impressive - congratulations!
    It looks like a more fiendishly complex version of plastic puzzles I used to do as a kid :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Straight in at the deep end! Go for it! You'll be addicted in no time! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so brilliant - it is amazing what you can tackle with FP.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely blown away by this - talk about running before you can walk but it seems you can run just fine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Run Forest!! :) Well, why am I not surprised? This is the girl who decided to a Lone Star quilt for her first quilt! This is looking great, well done you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I first did paper piecing with Sheilas mystery quilt and totally fell in love with it. Yours is looking amazing, well done

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm super impressed with your paper piecing! Looks fabulous :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks awesome! I love the colors, and am amazed that this is your first time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow you don't like to break your self in gently! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely comments read with glee everyday.