Tuesday 4 October 2011

Pillow talk progress

Today has been grey and miserable so I grabbed some cheery fabrics and got chopping for the Pillow Talk Swap. I didn't really have a plan for what I was going to make as my partner's inspiration mosaic was very eclectic. I pulled out some Prince Charming by Tula Pink as I think it will fit in with my partner's decor...
and after much umm-ing and ahh-ing I came up with this, typical of me, rotating pattern. I'm hoping the quilting will make it sing, when I decide how to quilt it.
I often use straight-line quilting and very occasionally free-motion quilting. Am I missing a trick somewhere? What is your go-to quilting design? I'd love to know. Catch you soon x

5 comments:

  1. Oh I am a straight-liner - although my curved Across the Sea attempt was rather enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that fabric on top. Is that part of the Prince Charming line as well?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a lovely curved stitch on my machine, I can lengthen its size so I use it a lot for quilting and move my quilt about as I stitch - it ends up looking like I have fmq'd it but without the stress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a straight line girl. I will definitely experiment with FMQ on smaller projects after my first attempt at stippling the other day. My next 241 tote is using some Prince Charming in that colour way - only it's for a Christmas present so won't be able to share pics just yet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colours in your pillow are fab! I do like my wobbly straight lines... I did a zigzag once and I really liked how that looked :-)

    ReplyDelete

Lovely comments read with glee everyday.