Sunday 12 February 2012

Weekend news

This weekend has been a very slow one but in between watching the rugby I've managed to finish the 4 seasons wall hanging. I love the way Lynne's trees look all in a row! I'm also really pleased with my first attempt at stamping on fabric. I used a dark blue ink which looks great in real life but fairly washed out in photos. You might just be able to make out the names of the seasons under each of the trees.
I decided to frame the trees to look like photos as they will be hanging up between to existing sets of prints. I used a brown Denyse Schmidt print, backed and bound with a brown linen and hey presto, finished wall-hanging. It just needs hanging in its new home now :)
Then, today, I managed to finish my Swoon top and I just love it!!!! Now to ponder how I'll quilt it. The actual swoon blocks have all been quilted so it's only the neutral space that needs filling. Originally my intention was to do lots of straight line quilting in various colours (Thanks to Kerry for her assistance with Aurifil goodies!) but I'm not sure that will really be the best route as I really don't want to detract from the Swoon blocks. Some head scratching will be taking place :) I will take more photos of this one in daylight but for now I was so excited to show you the progress.
If you look closely you might notice the co-ordinating cushions at the top of the bed. The ones with text on will be making an appearance in Intrepid Thread's newsletter this month which I do believe will be out very soon so if you'd like to see them in more detail and find out how to make your own then you'd better register for the newsletter pretty sharpish ;) It might also be worth your while calling back here on Valentine's day as there might be something in it for you...just saying... Catch you soon x

10 comments:

  1. I was just admiring the swoon pics over on flicrk and in particular I thought - love those pillows I wonder how I missed these on your blog - now I see I didn't :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The trees wallhanging looks fantastic and congrats on your printing!
    Who could fail to love the Swoon top?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your paper piecing is looking great and love the fabrics you have used. Where do you get your fabric ink from?? Lovely Swoon blocks too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh boy your swoon is swoonilicious! Cant wait to see what the cushions are all about too...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait for the IT newsletter - love everything!
    The trees are great x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning makes Reene! Love your trees and the swoon quilt is beautiful. Perfect with those equally gorgeous cushions! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your trees and the Swoon blocks are fabulous! I think this is the first time I'm seen any on a bed - it shows just how big they really are!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, wow!! Your swoon quilt is fantastic!!! I adore bed quilts with white (grey!) space and this chap is just perfect. Utterly gorgeous - your fabric choices for the ...flowers? Medallions? ... are spot on, the big prints work so well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your Swoon quilt! Looking forward to the IT newsletter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just saw the trees on Flickr - I like the seasons and stamping detail - lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Lovely comments read with glee everyday.