Sunday 18 December 2011

Christmas is a coming :)

I finished the Echo Framed II quilt last night and was amazed to have blue sky today for the obligatory washing line shot! It will begin it's journey to USA tomorrow barring disaster ;)
With this finish under my belt I was able to get on with the Christmas decorating. The first thing to go up was the fabric wreath (it's actually been up for a few days but I hadn't got around to taking photos of it). This was on my 'must make' list for a year or so and I finally got around to making it last weekend. I love the cheeriness that it brings to the hallway.
I don't know about you but I'm rather anal when it comes to Christmas tree decorating. I like things just so....I blame Mum! In our house we have 2 trees to combat the stress that is associated with other people 'helping' me decorate. Hubby and Jess decorate the tree in the family room and I do the tree in the living room. This year Jess wanted a hand-made and Scandinavian theme for the family room tree. Here it is almost finished:
The eagle-eyed amongst you will spot the Countdown to Christmas skirt and some of my Savvy Seasons swap goodies from Laura. There's also a freshly made felt heart (near the top)that Jess crafted this morning! Here's the tree illuminated.
Here's the tree I decorated in the living room. I've gone for clear, gold and blue decorations again this year. Jess topped the tree with an angel that promptly fell off head first causing many giggles :) Safely reinstated she(the angel)'s keeping a watch over the tree to make sure the other decorations behave!
I dug out last year's bunting and other bits and pieces for the fireplace. The new addition here is a printed Christmas tree of words in the frame behind the candles. I found it on Pinterest and just had to have it for myself! You can find the printable sheet here.
So now I'm totally exhausted again but at least the house is looking more festive. This time next week it'll be almost over and I'll be desperate to take the tree and everything else down as I am a bit of a humbug. Before then I've still got quite a bit of wrapping and sewing to do! Hope you've all had a good weekend. Catch you soon x

9 comments:

  1. Both your trees are beautiful! So are the rooms they are in. You would be appalled at my tree - this year I let the children choose the decorations and hang them on the tree. It's hilarious! and I'm leaving it like that for a day or 2 for amusement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad I am not the only one to have a 'perfect tree' and other tree(s) decorated by others!!
    Looking lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  3. House is really looking fabulous! Love love love your fire surround!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your decorations look great and love the Echo quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh, everywhere looks lovely and christmasy! Love the finsihed quilt too

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all your decorations! The Echo II quilt is fabulous, as is the blue sky!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both trees are lovely - I had to laugh at your description of being anal about tree decorating and having "helpers". I have a bit of a huff on at present because my helpers were too efficient this year and my tree is NOT just so as it always is. All the decent and all my favourite decs are at the back, but I can't move them because the helpers think they did a great job - it's really bugging me! What are we like!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely comments read with glee everyday.