Wednesday 13 July 2011

Our posh table

Today I couldn't resist finishing off the table cloth that I started yesterday. Rather than sashing the cloth I bound it as I would a quilt. For now it means I have sticky-outy (definitely not a word but you get the idea) corners. I'm hoping once the cloth settles in place the corners will become softer...fingers crossed.
Here's a close-up of the binding. I just love this jade colour.
Just so you can see all the fabrics I used I've photographed it on the washing line :) So many lovelies there!
I will be making another of these very soon the fabrics are ironed and ready to go, I just need to get a swap and some bee blocks in the post. I have to admit it has been lovely to make something so pretty for our house rather than sending lovely things to other people. Don't get me wrong I love swaps but it's been nice for a change :)

5 comments:

  1. oooo - I spy some Amy Butler in there (only because I have just been working on my Amy Butler!) It looks fantastic and a really great idea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy, scrummy! Why is it we are always busy making for others and so rarely for ourselves! Good job! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh fanceeee! What a lovely table cloth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely job, its a cracker!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks lovely - a very posh table indeed!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely comments read with glee everyday.