Thursday 10 February 2011

More progress

I've suprised myself this week by managing to keep up with my commitment to Don't Call Me Betsy's Sliced Coin Quilt Along. I'm so glad that I stuck with it because I now have a fabulous completed quilt top!! I love the way this design shows off the Innocent Crush fabrics.

The downside is that I am somewhat dreading quilting this mammoth quilt on my machine. I'm sure it will be fine with some patience and planning though. Any hints and tips will be gratefully received :)

In other news, I finally started on my Doll Quilt Swap 10 mini and am hoping that my partner will approve. I've definitely got a circles bug going on at the moment. These colours and patterns are out of comfort zone but I love how they are working in this design.

I'm currently mulling over ideas for my Urban Home Goods partner too. Do you remember this quilt top I made a while ago?

I'm thinking I might complete this for my partner as she said she likes colour. I'm not entirely sure yet though. If I go for it I will be backing it with this blue Dream On fabric that arrived today from the Simply Solids online sale!!

Hopefully I'll have more finished projects to show you soon :)

5 comments:

  1. Your quilt top looks lovely, great job! As for machine quilting, I recommend lots of patience. And breaks, too! I've been quilting a lot this week, and breaks are so very important. The other key thing for me is a good mix on my iPod!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your DQS10 quilt is looking amazing! And of course, the sliced coins top is beautiful. Do you know what kind of quilting you want to do for the top yet? As Elizabeth said, it's not so bad quilting a big quilt on a home machine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all looks great! :) That'd be one lucky partner for the urban home goods swap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies :-) you know how to make a girl feel good about her work :-)

    No idea on quilting design yet, maybe stippling bt I'm worried about spoiling the look of the fabrics so I might turn to straight line quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three great projects. Lots of chocolate during those rest breaks sounds like a good idea to me! :)

    ReplyDelete

Lovely comments read with glee everyday.