Tuesday 22 February 2011

Swaps

At the beginning of the year I overloaded myself with swaps and was ever so slightly scared that I might not be able to keep up with all the commitments but as the end of February approaches I'm amazed that I've kept up with all of them :)
This week's project has been a pincushion for my Scrappy Pincushion Swap partner. I've had this pieced star constructed for a while and have just been waiting for inspiration of what to do with it. Inspiration struck yesterday!! Today I put the finishing touches to my circular pincushion. I have warned you before that I've got a circle obsession thing going on.

I've backed the pincushion with some of Amy Butler's Soul Blossoms.

It finished up at 8" diameter and 1" deep so I hope my partner doesn't mind slightly large pincushions. I might have to make one for myself.

Another of the flickr swaps I'm in has just finished and I can now break my silence on what I made. My Favourite Little Quilt Swap hosted by Kendra is a blind swap. You make a quilt and submit photos to Kendra who adds them to the group, votes are then cast and partners are decided after voting closes. It is such a fun swap although I do angst over whether anyone will like my entry but that's just my competitive and neurotic tendencies coming out.

This time around I went with patchwork and quilting rather than applique like last time. I named this mini 'Charlotte Sometimes Scribbles'. I used the pattern 'Charlotte Sometimes' from the book Material Obessions 2 as my inspiration. The scribbles refers to the quilting design I used. I pieced the back with scraps left over from the front. I used Kaffe Fassett, Amy Butler and Oz fabrics with a Kona grey cotton. Hopefully my partner will be happy when he/she receives it :)

2 comments:

  1. That pincushion is fantastic!! Big is good too very practical. And so pretty it will be a compliment to wherever you use it. :) So now we can own up to our little quilts! That's good I was nearly bursting keeping the secret!! :)Yours gets better every time I look at it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I guess we can own up now they are being sent out, Ooops other wise :)

    ReplyDelete

Lovely comments read with glee everyday.