Sunday 20 February 2011

Precious

Today our precious daughter, Jess, has turned 14! I can't quite believe how quickly time has passed. When I look at our gorgeous girl and see the woman that she is becoming I just can't help but be proud. She is beautiful inside and out!
It's been a relatively quiet day for a birthday but that suits us :) I've had a bit of free time to do some sewing this afternoon so I took the opportunity to try the Single Girl pattern that has been sitting on my sewing table for a few weeks now. I joined the Single Girl Support group over on flickr, hosted by Katy, Megan and Nova, so I can benefit from tips from those who are well practiced at this block. I'm hoping to make Jess a quilt using this pattern so I thought I'd practice first. I used a charm pack of Soul Blossoms by Amy Butler and coupled it with linen.

One block down and a second one waiting for it's outer frame. It has been amazingly easy and as is usual with these things the cutting out of pieces takes longer than the sewing.

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to Jess - born in the same year as my oldest! Your single girl looks wonderful - easy for you as you are such an expert circle piecer (which reminds me, I keep meaning to say how beautifully the big circle is pieced on my cushion, which is sitting next to me right now on the sofa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to Jess!! She shares a birthday with my son, Ryan. Your Single Girl looks great so far! I've cut my fabrics, but haven't attempted piecing just yet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Elizabeth :) I saw that it was Ryan's birthday earlier on today, what a coincidence :) The cutting out is the bit I can't bear, it's the only downside to doing a whole quilt like this. I'm hoping to conquer my impatience one day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to Jess! Seeing all these single girl quilts taking shape is making my hands itch, I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did I manage to have a grand daughter who is 14!!! i must have been a child bride!! :)) you're right too she is changing from a beautiful girl into a beautiful young woman before our eyes. :) Love the Blossoms fabric in that circle! It looks fab. :)

    ReplyDelete

Lovely comments read with glee everyday.